SAVING BOTH GENERATIONS:
Health Militia’s ‘Saving Both Generations’ seeks to confront and help eliminate the precarious circumstances of Expecting Mothers. We are on the drive to save the Mothers and Unborn Children.
Our comprehensive intervention will eliminate the Three – Delays conditions of accessing health care in 30 Rural Communities. A sustainable Maternal Health program to save close to 15 expecting mothers and unborn children per week in 22 communities and 8 health centers. This program will also eliminate Malaria related deaths in rural areas especially among children of school going age.
This is NOT a One-Time project, it’s perpetual, and so the impact of your support REMAINS.
LONG TERM IMPACT:
Contributing 80% of the Maternal Health achievements in any jurisdiction we operate as envisaged by the SDGs by 2030.
Every Pregnant Woman is considered to be ‘At-Risk’ of developing a complication. This can also affect the Unborn Child.
There are known life-threatening Medical Complications that can lead to Maternal and Infant Mortality, as well as Maternal Morbidity, which may occur during pregnancy, labor or childbirth. Few of which include:
- Postpartum Hemorrhage
- Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
- Maternal Sepsis, and Postpartum sepsis / Puerperal sepsis
- Obstructed Labor or Labor Dystocia
- Preterm or Pre-mature birth
Therefore, series of medical activities must be undertaken with the aim of determining pre-existing medical conditions of women – before and during pregnancy, as well as after childbirth. This is to prevent INDIRECT OBSTETRIC DEATHS by investigating for Indirect Medical Risk Factors.
These are also Community Risk Factors that serve as major obstacles limiting rural people from accessing health services. Such as:
- Distance to facilities
- Lack of information
- Inadequate and poor quality services
- Cultural beliefs and practices
As a result, Infant and Maternal Mortality remain the facts of life. In fact, circumstances for expecting mothers have not been satisfactorily, and the rural communities are the most affected.
HEALTH MILITIA has a responsibility towards this, and has taken the challenge. Therefore,
We defy barriers, traveling on the less traveled routes, Investigate, Find the problem, Intervene, and Blow the Whistle.
WHAT WE WANT TO ACHIEVE
Our ambitious goal is to get rid of Maternal and Infant Mortality especially in the Rural Settings, by focusing on these three most important areas:
1. PREVENTING INDIRECT OBSTETRIC DEATHS: We investigate for the under-listed Indirect Medical Risk Factors that can also trigger Obstetric Complications, then we activate appropriate responses.
Diabetes, Anemia, Malaria, High Blood Pressure, Infections, Heart disease, Kidney Disease, Cholesterol, Poor Nutrition, Illegal Drugs.
2. COMMUNITY RISK FACTORS: That is, confronting the Socio-Economic and Cultural Causes of Maternal Mortality.
3. AVOIDING DIRECT OBSTETRIC DEATHS: Applying our Safety- Net protocols, we Collaborate and Mediate to mitigate Health Service Risk Factors responsible for Direct Obstetric Deaths. Join the Team!